Wednesday, January 21, 2009

The Perfect Jellybean

I have discovered the perfect jellybean - and perhaps the perfect candy company. If you've been reading for a while, you know that Miss M has food allergies, which make it particularly difficult to have commercially-prepared cookies, candy, and baked goods in the house.

She and I went shopping today with one very important item on the list - jellybeans. In our home, they are used as a special treat. We ran out of jellybeans a couple of days ago, and right now we are using them for a little potty training encouragement, so they were, in fact, a very important item on our shopping list.

I find several of my preferred nut-free items at Wal-Mart. I didn't know if I would find 'safe' candy on the shelves today, and I didn't look forward to a 2.5-year-old getting upset about leaving the jellybeans behind if they were not nut-free (she's not old enough to understand yet), but I had to give it a try. I picked up a package of jellybeans fully intending to set it right back on the self, but instead I saw this:


Gimbal's Fine Candies
hit the ball out of the park with this one! Wow! Not only can we give these to Miss M withouut worrying, but she can even take these to school. There are two other children with allergies in her classroom, and these will be safe for them, too! Yay!

No comments: