Saturday, April 26, 2008

Parked at the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse

There's something to be said for the classics when it comes to toys - crayons, blocks, dolls, trucks, and balls. They let kids be creative and imaginative, and you can play with one just as easily as with 15. You don't have to have the entire set for it to be fun. You don't have to replace the batteries all the time or find the missing remote. However ... there's also something to be said for the few quiet moments you can steal while your kids sit motionless in front of the TV on Saturday morning. We have a busy afternoon, I have a lot to do this weekend, and my husband is out doing a service project with our church. While the kids are parked, I'm checking in with friends online, emailing my dad, and posting for your enjoyment - all of this while I take advantage of cable tv, the already-paid-for babysitter.

No comments: