Saturday, December 19, 2009

Snow Day!

It snowed on Friday, the last day of school before the winter break. The timing could not have been more perfect! The snow was coming down pretty hard, and it was overcast and kind of dark, so we waited until Saturday to go outside and play.

Big J was in charge of snowman construction, snowball-making lessons, driveway shoveling, sled-pulling, and other snow day duties. Here are just a few snapshots of the snowy fun!

Lessons from Daddy - before he handed off his gloves to Mister J

Snow angels


The biggest snowman I've ever been a part of making (even though I was just the photographer!)

He asked to do this - after all of the backyard play!

My forte seems to be in the kitchen, so after all of the snowy fun I made real hot cocoa for everyone - marshmallows optional!

Update 12/24/09: As much as I was not looking forward to the snow, I sure did enjoy watching it fall. It was beautiful - and there's still some on the ground! I've never experienced snow that lasted this long- it's as close to a White Christmas as I've ever gotten!

No comments: