Friday, April 8, 2011

My Reading List

Sometimes I snap a picture with my phone, sometimes I jot down a title I read on a blog. 

Faith Journey:
Choosing to See - Mary Beth Chapman (just won this in a blog contest!)
Radical - David Platt

Reading for Pleasure:
Eats Shoots and Leaves - Lynne Truss (already have it, just need to read it)
Mennonite in a Little Black Dress - Rhoda Janzen
Eat Pray Love - Elizabeth Gilbert (loved the movie, so I'm pretty well guaranteed to love the book!)
The Help - Kathryn Stockett (just bought it - now slowly working my way through it)
Ten Habits of Happy Mothers - Meg Meeker
Blacks Heels to Tractor Wheels - Ree Drummond
(There are actually about three times more books on this section of the list - usually the cover catches my eye and I jot down the title.  But these are the ones that I am most interested in reading.  You know, when I have the time.)

Cookbooks:
Our Best Bites: Mormon Moms in the Kitchen - Sara Wells, Kate Jones
Cooking Light - pretty much any version that's for families, that's quick and easy, and that's tasty
Don't Panic, Dinner's in the Freezer - S Martinez, V Howell, B Garcia (and they also have another one, I think it's Don't Panic, More Dinner's in the Freezer)
The Good Neighbor Cookbook - Sara Quesenberry and Suzanne Schlosberg
No Whine with Dinner - Liz Weiss and Janice Newell Bissex

Books about Running:
Hot Sweaty Mamas - Kara Douglass Thom and Laurie Lethert Kocanda
Mile Markers - Kristin Armstrong
Train Like a Mother - Dimity McDowell and Sara Bowen Shea (coming soon!)
(More books about running on my list, too - but these are the ones that I consider 'musts.')

So, have you read any books lately that I should add to my list?  What's on your list - that you may or may not get to read any time soon?

5 comments:

Joy said...

Here's my list:

All of Ree's books.
Eat Pray Love
One Thousand Gifts
Heaven is for Real
Radical

I never know the authors. Sorry!

Heather said...

Loved The Help. I'm reading:

Radical
Shepherding a Child's Heart

very interested in the habits of a happy mom (I think that was the one on your list). Let me know how it is.

RLR said...

Joy - Radical also needs to be on my list!
Heather - Shepherding a Child's Heart sounds like on that needs to be on my list, too!

Let'sMakeADifference said...

Found your blog through Kellyskorner! Am now following! Would love for you to check out my blog and follow back!

Erin Branscom said...

I can't wait to read pioneer woman's book! :) Erin

www.healthybranscoms.com

Love your blog! I am following you!