Friday, June 12, 2015

Summer projects & a guest blogger!

It's summer! We've been out of school for nearly a week now, and after a quick weekend trip we are settling into our summer routine. A summer camp here, a home project there, and fun and games, too!

I'm also trying to get things back in gear on the blog, with the help of a guest blogger! Mister J - who is now 11.5 years old and just completed 5th grade - will be helping me write posts, starting with a quick rundown of this morning's fun project. (As a reminder, I don't use the names of our family members on the blog; for those of you who know us, please keep this in mind as you comment!)

--------

Hi I am mister J, and this is going to be about a simple way to clean your jewelry and silverware. you need to take a bowl(it doesn't matter what type of bowl) and put tinfoil in the bowl as shown below.  then you heat some water up to a boil but don't put it in yet. you put your silver items in the bowl with tin foil and pour baking soda on it. after that, you pour the hot water in the bowl, wait a minute and the tarnish should be gone!




my mom knew what to do, she just wasn't sure if it was the right thing to do. so we found a video on this blog post.

----------------

Thanks to my guest blogger for pitching in today!  Hopefully this is the start of several posts over the summer documenting our projects and progress.  We have a couple of bigger projects in mind, though we are juggling those with camp schedules and other to-dos (for both the parents and kids!). 


1 comment:

Heather said...

Thanks for the tip Mr. J! I didn't realize you could do that and will plan to clean some jewelry now that I know. So glad you will be posting this summer. I look forward to reading more entries from you. Happy summer!