Thursday, June 26, 2008

Hitting the ground running

Well, I got as close to hitting the ground running as I could, considering the 3 hour time difference from here to California and the 4am wake-up call to catch a 7:15am flight. After a few very hot (113 degrees!) but fun-filled days, I made it home. In addition to catching up with some of my former colleagues during my trip, I also got to dip my toes in the Pacific, play on the beach, and spend a few hours at Disneyland. Thanks to my MIL for coming to town to help Big J for a couple of days while I was having some west coast fun!

Now that I'm home, I'm spending my days preparing for M's birthday party on Saturday, and spending my evenings at Vacation Bible School. I didn't do much on Tuesday - just tried to get a little extra rest by taking it easy with the kids. But now we are full steam ahead - grocery shopping, cooking, and planning the final party details. This is the most exciting part for me - getting down to the finishing touches!

Speaking of, I have to get back to those details before time just runs out!

No comments: