Monday, March 8, 2010

Happy Birthday to Me!

I recently celebrated another birthday, and was totally surprised to receive a new camera from my hubby and kids. I've spent some time snapping photos, but really need to spend some time learning how to use a DSLR so I can get some really good shots. In the meantime, here are some of my don't-know-what-I'm-doing-but-I'm-sure-having-fun photos....

Big J and Miss M snuggling on the couch. She's was a bit worn out after playing outside in the long-awaited warm(er) and sunny weather.

Mister J hanging out on a lazy afternoon, having fun with his Le@pster.

My silly Miss M doesn't like to smile or pose for the camera. I think she was pretending to be a dragon, or maybe a pirate...

This guy just loves to smile for the camera. And I'm glad to snap as many shots as he'll let me.

More smiles! This was after sunset, and we hadn't turned the lights on yet, so I was playing with the flash. Like I said, he loves to smile for me.

I got her to hold still for the camera! Actually, as you can see, I crept into her room while she was napping today. She had a 'camp out' while Grandma RL visited over the weekend, and she's not quite ready to put her 'bed' away.

I snapped this one over my shoulder in the van this afternoon (while stopped - and when I looked at it, I realized that the headrest was adjusted for Miss M and not Mister J).

I'm just amazed at how different these photos look when compared to photos from my 'old' camera - and I don't even know what I'm doing yet. I can't wait to learn how to really use my new camera!

3 comments:

Michelle | UPrinting said...

Awww.. that's really sweet of him to get you a camera. Happy Birthday! Your kids are just too cute for words.

Heather said...

Happy B-day dear friend! It sounds like a fun one. I love all the photos and you seem like a pro.

Ann Kroeker said...

Congratulations and happy (belated) birthday! I wonder if your and my birthday are close (I'm March 1)?

Enjoy your camera--the family surprised me with mine at Christmas. Here it is March, and I still don't know what I'm doing...yet I'm still getting significantly better shots. I'm LOVIN' it!

And thank you so much for your comment on my "wogging" post! I've had my cyclist on a scooter some days. And this year, he has a goal of jogging (not wogging) a short route we do when we only have a few minutes. We call it the "wienie route" (wienie=wimpy). I'm impressed he wants to jog, run or wog all, given all the complaining he hears from siblings!