Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Busy, busy summer

Wow - I'm in blogging withdrawal! It's been a whole week since my last post, but we have been SO busy! Last weekend, we went down to SC for a family reunion. This week, we have been at church every morning - I've been helping with Extreme Makeover: Nursery Edition and the kids have been hanging out with the youth volunteers. I felt like they deserved some extra-special kid time for being such troupers while I helped out with painting prep and other Makeover-related tasks, so Tuesday afternoon we pulled out the water hose, kiddie pool, and yard sprinkler for loads of backyard fun. Daddy was able to join us for a while after he finished up with work. In the end, we were all soaked - but smiling! As much as I'd love to have a picture to put up with this post, I was having too much fun to run inside for the camera. I'm trying to remember that living in the moment is just as important as capturing it on camera - and sometimes even more so. Now that I know how much fun it can be, we'll be pulling that pool out again - and perhaps next time I'll get a few snapshots to share!

2 comments:

Georgia said...

I love it- what great memories for the kids! I am so looking forward to Ellie and I having some fun Mommy/Ellie time in the next month while we are traveling!

Heather said...

Anna does the kiddie pool at least three times a week! She loves splashing around and then at the end I take off her swimming apparel and she lays naked on a blanket under the trees. I think it's her favorite part of the day. Yay to summer fun!!!!