Thursday, October 23, 2008

Fright Night

You might have already guessed that with Miss M's food allergies, Halloween is particularly nerve-wracking for me. There's a great post from a mom of a food-allergic child over at Rocks In My Dryer, and I wanted to share it as a reminder to my readers of what we live with on a daily basis.

If you haven't already bought your Halloween candy, Jane Anne makes some suggestions about "safe" candy for food-allergic children. Non-food items (stickers, Play-Doh, etc.) are also good options.

I am sure that Halloween will become less 'scary' as the years go by and Miss M is old enough to understand her allergies (and why some candy is off limits). Until then, though, it's scary enough for me without the witches, ghosts, and goblins.

1 comment:

Jane Anne said...

I followed your link on your comment on Rocks in My Dryer. Thank you so much for your comment and for the link to the post! I am working my way through the comments and it is touching and exciting to see that my words may help others understand. As you know, that is so important. Thanks so very much!