Tuesday, September 14, 2010

1.25 miles

OK, just a quick update. Last night was the first coached workout with the 5K training program - yay!

I was a bit apprehensive leaving the pre-training meeting last week, but had a great on-my-own run on Saturday. On Sunday I retraced my route in the mommy-van and realized that I had covered about a mile. Monday's workout was 1.25 miles, which I knew I could do! The hardest part of the run? The core workout afterwards. It was worse than the hills. BUT - I managed a dozen (girly, half-) pushups, and I am darn proud of that. Also more crunches than I have done since ... Well, I don't want to think about how long it's been. I have always disliked ab work.

When I got home, Big J asked me how it went. I said, "Ask me tomorrow." And the good news is that nothing hurts now that wasn't hurting before the run! Bonus - my feet aren't hurting at all! (This is super news since my podiatrist - yes, I have {those} feet - didn't seem all that excited that I wanted to join this program.)

We run one mile at the next workout, and then 1.5 next week. I am so excited for the 1.5 mile workout that I can't stand it! If you know me, this sounds totally out-of-character. And I know it will get harder. I am SO thankful for all of the support I have gotten - I know if will be even more important when things get tough!

No comments: