Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Big J

My trusty laptop - the one I use to sit on the back porch and work while my kids play outside - is apparently in need of some MAJOR TLC. Nevermind that I have a desktop available as well, I'm disappointed about the laptop. (I know, you are wondering exactly where I'm going with this since it's a Thanks Tank post.)

So, rather selfishly on this point, I'm thankful for a husband who has enough knowledge and skill to FIX IT. This particular instance is just one reason I have to be thankful for him, though. Some other reasons I'm thankful for him -
  • He takes care of the 'trophies' that our cat sets at the foot of the garage steps
  • He encourages our son to pick up earthworms and do other stuff that Mom is just not quite cut out for (but I'm working on it!)
  • He works full-time and runs our business as well - so I can be the part-time-work-from-home mom I never dreamed of being, but suddenly knew I wanted to be when our son was born.
  • He is the financial 'nerd' to my 'free spirit' - even though I know most of you reading will have imagined the roles reversed. I'm a free spirit with control issues, so I can see how you would be confused.
  • He thinks I'm beautiful, no matter what and even if I don't - and tells me so.
(6/13/10 ETA - I found this as a draft post, and haven't ever published it until today - though I kept the original post date.  I'm not sure why I never posted it, but I know my hubby deserves this credit, so I'm publishing it today!)

No comments: