Thursday, April 30, 2009

Thursday Thanks #7


Pardon me for missing a few weeks. It's not that I haven't had things to be thankful for, it's that I haven't found - no, MADE - the time to post about them. In the brief time I have this morning before I move on to other things, I CHOOSE to post about what I'm thankful for this week.

1) A great run jog this morning. Those of you who know me in real life are thinking, "What?!?" Go ahead, it's ok. My husband probably thinks the same thing. I'm really trying to lose some weight, and gym memberships just don't work for me. Since I just told everyone I know, and some folks that I don't, perhaps I'll be sticking to it now. I've run 4 times since last Friday, and this morning was the best one yet (probably because I wasn't pushing Miss M in the jog stroller, but I still smiled when I noticed the improvement).

2)Learning how to use the strikethrough font in Blogger. I'm sure it's just some html code, and lots of people smarter than me already knew how to do this.

3) That my husband resurrected my laptop. The freedom to work anywhere in the house is such a luxury. The time when it wasn't working was a reminder of how many things I take for granted every day.

Of course there are many more, but right now I need a shower. Then I have to go pick up the kids from preschool. Then lunch/quiet time for the kids/work time for me.

You know, I'm not the best writer out there. I don't have the best 'thankful' list. Most of my things are material things. I'm hopeful that this practice will help me dig a bit deeper. Once I get past the material things, I can't wait to see what I find!

1 comment:

Jane Anne said...

It's refreshing to be thankful for the little things in life. I enjoy reading your TTT.