Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Lovin' our Lunchboxes!

This week's WFMW theme is Back to School! Can you believe it's already August? School starts in just over 3 weeks for us. Both of my kids start a new school this year - older in Kindy, younger in PreK-3. I'm excited, anxious, and also in denial that summer is almost over. Open House - also known as 'meet the teacher' day around here is coming soon! We haven't yet checked many school supplies off of our shopping list, but there's one thing we don't need to buy - lunchboxes!

If you drop by - even on a semi-regular basis - you know that I'm crazy about our Laptop Lunch Boxes. (No, I'm not getting paid to tell you about them, though I certainly wouldn't mind a little incentive!) We've had them over a year now, and I still think they were a great investment! Here are just a few pics of lunches I've packed for my kiddos:




One of my favorite things about the boxes - besides that they are sturdy, made of 'safe' plastics, recycleable, and help me minimize packaging waste - is that my kids will eat pretty much anything I pack into them! Yes, those are veggies with hummus in the first photo. There's edamame hiding under that cucumber heart in the second photo, and that's my son's salad in the third photo.

Do you pack a lunch for your child? What tips do you have for a mom new to packing lunch every day? If you'd like to see more of our lunches, click here.

Thanks for dropping in! For more helpful back-to-school tips, head on over to Works for Me Wednesday at We Are THAT Family.

6 comments:

Jane Anne said...

I love your lunches! I couldn't get the link to see more lunches to work, though. Thanks for reminding me- I need to think about school lunch options. It sure will be interesting with my son's peanut allergy.

I'm wordless so far today but I am considering writing something for WFMW. Although, I just may not have time.

RLR said...

Jane Anne - thanks for your comment - and for letting me know my link wasn't working. I think I've fixed it now. We'll need to share lunch tips, I'm sure, with Miss M also heading to school soon!

3XMom said...

thank you! I have been looking for something just like this! Environmentally friends - and much easier than buying those pre-packed bags of snacks. Thanks!

Fairion said...

We love our laptop lunchbox as well. They keep the food so much neater than any other system I have seen. We used our for probably two years now.

Rachel R. said...

Are these bento boxes?

RLR said...

Rachel - yes, these are one type of bento boxes. You could goole 'bento boxes' and you would see lots of results - LOTS! But I simply love these - durable, dishwasher safe, no harmful chemicals in the plastic, and (if/when they ever wear out) recyclable.