Thursday, August 13, 2009

Thursday Thanks #19

If you've been keeping up with my blog for the last several days, you might have realized on Saturday (and on last Thursday if you are well-acquainted with where I live) that we've been out of town. We've been to Seattle, where we spent at week with family. The weather was lovely - 70ish, low humidity, and sun for at least a little while each day. Yes - we got there after the heat wave! So, this week, I'm thankful for our wonderful getaway, our safe travel (non-stop, cross-country flight each way), kids that were well-behaved (especially on the flights), and our wonderful hosts (Hi B and Uncle J!). We took in as much of Seattle as we could, and we're already thinking about what to do the next time! (I'll catch you up on the details of our trip very soon!)

This week (well, every week, but especially on this milestone week), I'm also thankful for my bloggy friend Jane Anne over at Gravity of Motion. She is celebrating 100 weeks of Thursday Thanks posts today. She's how I got started with Thursday Thanks, she taught me how to put a link into blog comments, and she's a fellow mom to a PA kid. Each week, I look forward to seeing her Thursday Thanks (coffee usually makes an appearance), and I look forward to sharing mine because I know she'll stop by with a sweet comment. Writing this list helps me stay mindful of all of the gifts I have in my life, and gives me an opportunity to reflect on them during a few quiet moments when I write.

Aside from Thursday Thanks, Jane Anne has written some other beautiful posts as well. I encourage you to visit her blog and check out these posts:
Without Fear: Telling My Story of Thankfulness - the story of how she got started with Thursday Thanks posts
Rocks in the Sand - the most recent of several of JA's Musings
Catch and Release - my favorite Musing (so far!)
What I'd Like for You to Know: Dealing with Food Allergies in a Child - Jane Anne's guest post over at Rocks In My Dryer - it's the first time I encountered JA in the blog world. As you can imagine, I could really relate to her experience. I headed on over to her blog to comment, and then kept going back.

To celebrate her milestone, JA is having a contest. And it's not a little contest, either - there are 10 prizes! Head on over to congratulate Jane Anne! If you leave a comment telling something that you are thankful for, you'll get an entry into her contest. If you tell her that you found her through Mom's Magic (or RLR's blog), I'll get an entry, too. There are several ways to enter, so be sure to read them all! Most importantly, though, keep going back - it's simply a wonderful blog and you must read more!

One more thing I'm thankful for - each of you that stops by my blog. Oh, I'd still post even if you didn't - but it's so nice to know that others are stopping by to catch up on our news, to know what Works for Me, or to see what I'm Thankful for, or even to ask questions. (Hey, everyone who commented while we were gone, I will respond to you!) The blog-o-verse is such a nicer place to be when you know others out there are stopping my your little place in space. Thank you!

Congratulations Jane Anne!

3 comments:

Elaine at Matters of the Heart) said...

We love Jane Anne too. Found her first at Rocks in my dryer also. We have a Peanut/tree nut/ egg allergic guy... Thanks for stopping by today.

Heather said...

Darn it...I was going to guess WA! Your photo on the ferry looked so familiar to me and the glass work was something my MIL talked about when they went on their trip to see family there. Well, I'm just kicking myself for not guessing correctly. :) Glad you all had a great time. Can't wait to see more pics.

Jane Anne said...

Your post about my giveaway is the most touching. Thank you for your kind words. I sure appreciate your friendship!