Thursday, June 11, 2009

A Dozen Thursday Thanks

It's my 12th Thursday Thanks post, so I'm going to celebrate by listing a dozen things for which I am thankful this week! And since my last thanks post was a day late, I'm starting with Saturday.

1) I am thankful for my mom's help with what turned out to be a great garage sale on Saturday morning. The weather was just perfect, and we had lots of shoppers! After the sale, we packed up what was left and took half of it to Goodwill. There are about 6 boxes left to deal with. I am way more than pleased about that.

2) Big J and I celebrated our 11th wedding anniversary on Saturday. We went out for dinner (actually, just appetizers and dessert), and then went to a movie. I don't remember the last movie we saw together in a theater!

3) Receiving an unexpected invitation. (Sorry, but that's all I'll say for now.)

4) The opportunity to cook for a houseful of people this week. I love, love, love to cook, and especially try some new recipes. I'm (mostly) mixing some tried-and-loved recipes with new sides.

5) Grocery shopping while Big J watched the kids. If you have ever taken even one child shopping with you, you know what I mean. And, since I love to go grocery shopping, it was an extra-special treat for me.

6) And end to my aversion to restaurant pizza. I know, this one seems kind of silly, but it's a big deal around here. I developed an aversion to pizza during my second pregnancy, and it just never went away. Miss M will be three in a few weeks. It's been a long time since I've really wanted to eat pizza, but over the last few weeks it has become appetizing again.

7) Sunny afternoons. Until school is out on Friday, the pool is only open from 3-8pm. It's pop-up shower season where we live. Last week we were racing the weather most afternoons to get to the pool before the thunder or lightning started. (Next week will be even better since the pool will be open in the mornings!)

8) Encouragement from friends.

9) A quiet work week. Normally, I'd be at a conference the first part of June. I'm missing out on a trip to Boston this week, but if I was there I'd be missing out on the chance to visit with family later in the week.

10) Not hurting myself worse than I did when I stepped on the end of a bedrail today while vacuuming (don't ask.... okay, if you must know, I was rearranging the guest/toy room....)

11) Listening to my daughter's imaginary play this afternoon. So, so sweet!

12) The assurance that God has a plan for me, even when it comes to the small things. I'm especially reminded of that as I write this week's list.

No comments: