Friday, June 5, 2009

Thursday Thanks #11


Yes, I know it's Friday. And I was going to skip this week. I even told one of my bloggy friends that I'd just write a longer list next week. And then I started to empty the dishwasher. No, I didn't come back to my laptop just because it's so much more fun than unloading the dishwasher (which, by the way, is my least favorite chore of all time). I just decided I couldn't skip this week. Late IS better than never. So, a list of the things that I'm thankful for this week:

Getting an appointment with Miss M's allergist. I was calling to get a late summer appointment, but found out that the allergist was booked until September (surely with all of the other kids who, like Miss M, need updated paperwork for school in the fall). There had been a cancellation, though, and we got in the same day that I called.

The Ordinary Extraordinary. We had another one of those moments just yesterday. I'm also thankful that I can post from my cell phone. It was a great way to capture my little girl doing something she loves and post about it while it was on my mind. I'm very good at forgetting blog ideas that come to me when we are on the go....

The delicious pancakes that Big J made for dinner. Miss M's last-minute appointment with the allergist, combined with the showers that 'stranded' us at the grocery store meant dinner was running behind schedule. Even though he was on call, and had to step away before we all sat down for the meal, he made the best pancakes - delicious!

The Potty Fairy came to visit last night! I know what you are thinking.... "The what?" Miss M had her very first accident-free day yesterday, and the Potty Fairy brought her a special reward - a tutu and flower headband set. Apparently, the PF already knew that Miss M had a set of dress-up fairy wings, and the new duds are pink to match. I envision plenty of pretend play, and you know I'll post some pictures. I must admit that she hasn't tried on the tutu yet, but the flower headband looks SO CUTE on her!

Girls Night Out last Sunday evening. Four of the five of us were able to get together for the first time in nearly six weeks. (It's been three months since we've been able to get together on a weekly basis.) I don't have to tell anyone how nice it was.

We moved more stuff into my neighbor's garage for the sale we are having tomorrow morning. It's nice to be able to reclaim the space and get rid of the things we no longer need, but I wouldn't have been able to do it without a lot of help. Here's hoping that, even though it's been rainy for three days now, we will have a nice morning tomorrow and lots of people will stop by!

I'm going to do my best to return to my practice of writing this post throughout the week and scheduling it for publication on Thursdays. That means it might be a bulleted list, and it might have spelling/grammar errors, but it will get posted - on time. I'm thankful Blogger will let me schedule posts and publish them for me!

No comments: