Thursday, February 12, 2009

On winning the lottery...

If you noticed that I labeled this post with 'faith' - among other labels - you are probably wondering how that's related to the lottery. Please, let me explain...

I've been carrying around a lot of anxiety lately that's related to the school-choice and magnet school lottery process in our school district. Knowing that the results are beyond my control, I've prayed a lot during the wait. I have asked God to do His will. I have asked for patience during the wait, for knowledge to make the right choices, and for the ability to accept (with grace) the results, whatever they were.

Tonight, I am saying prayers of thanks. We found out this afternoon that our son is in our first-choice school and our daughter is 5th on the waiting list for her grade level. I'm not a fan of the word 'luck' - it's one I purposefully avoid using. But God does have a way of making me feel like I won the lottery. The chances of our either of our children getting in were so slim. We were told many times not to get our hopes up. Certainly, He had a hand in this.

Prayers of thanksgiving.... Over and over again.

No comments: