Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Taste Test ... or ... Overheard #25

Miss M and I were cooking dinner last night, and snacking while we waited for some water to boil. There was a bit of leftover guacamole in the fridge, so I pulled out a bag of chips. Immediately, Miss M asked for a chip, so I gave her one. Then I offered her one with some guacamole.

"What's that?" she asked.

"Guacamole."

"I don't want rock-e-a-mole on my chip."

"How about you try one with guacamole, and then I'll give you a plain one after that."

"OK." (tastes chip with guac)

"Do you like it?"

"Yes."

"Do you want another one?"

"Nope."

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

She was so cute as she tried to say 'guacamole' - and as much as I'm tempted to try and hold on to those cute things she says, I do help her with the correct pronunciation. (The only thing that we don't work on is the way she says "Toy Story 2" - she says "Stoy Tory 2"! We've tried, and she's just not giving this up yet.) The funniest thing, though, is that we've had this same conversation - about a different food each time - for WEEKS now! Sometimes with foods that she's eaten before and truly enjoyed!

I'm linking this post to Ann Kroeker's Food on Fridays. Hop on over to read Ann's post, read others who have linked up, or to add one of your own!

No comments: