Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Prayer

You know how they say "God works in mysterious ways"?  Well, there's no mystery for me today.  He knows what I need and places it right in front of me in ways that I can hardly ignore.  It's really no question Who is really speaking to me.

I've been feeling like my prayer life isn't quite up to snuff lately.  And there are plenty of folks on my prayer list - more than usual, or at least it seems that way - so I'm feeling an urgent need to regain some focus. 

So what does He do to remind me that prayer isn't hard?  That I don't have to jump through a bunch of hoops to get his attention?  That I just need to find a calm place, quiet my mind, and turn my thoughts toward Him? 

Knee Prints - by Ann Kroeker
Lamb - by Angie Smith

For this blogger, these two posts from today are a pretty good message.  One that I can't ignore.

No comments: