We've had a lot of firsts in the last several days!
1) Last Thursday, Mister J did a back-flip on the rings of our swingset - all by himself! Here he is showing off his new skill while visiting Grandma and Grandpa R over the weekend.
(pictures to follow very soon!)
2) The kids also enjoyed their first straight-from-the-tree apples! This tree has been producing for years, so I don't know why we haven't done this before now. Miss M was particularly pleased that she could reach - and pick! - the apples. Whenever we were outside, she'd wander to the tree for another apple!
(again, pictures as soon as I hook up the camera!)
3) We tasted our very first orange-flesh honeydew! It was just as you would imagine- a cantaloupe-y tasting honeydew. Still - yum!
(pictures... you guessed it ... coming soon)
4) We also went to a local water park during our visit - it was Miss M's first time in a water park. I wish I'd remembered my camera! Grandma R took hers, and I'll have to get copies of her pictures....
5) Also over the weekend, we took our first trip to the emergency room with one of our children. Miss M took a spill in the driveway at Grandma and Grandpa R's house, and ended up with a big lump on her forehead. She's ok, but I was worried enough to go and have her checked out - especially since we were away from home and from our pediatrician's office.