Tuesday, July 7, 2009

How We Spent the 4th of July

We had a very relaxed 4th of July. We spent the the majority of the day together at the pool - we packed lunches, Mister J had a swim lesson, and we enjoyed watching a lot of big kids playing some fun games to celebrate. It was the first time I packed FOUR lunches - and also the first time Daddy used his lunch box - so you know I had to take a photo! Here's the photo - but scroll down to the very bottom of this post for more details.

After we came home from the pool, I baked a pan of brownies and rounded up some canned drinks and juice boxes - our contribution to a cookout with some friends. In total, there were 6 adults and 8 children. We could not have had better weather (for the entire day) if we'd petitioned Mother Nature! Poolside or backyard, it was just perfect!

I snapped this photo of Miss M before the sun went down and we all headed indoors. I just really liked her outfit, and wanted to have a photo. She was sitting at the top of a playset, having a tea party with a friend.
I hope that, no matter how you spent it, you had a lovely 4th of July!


Details on the lunches:
Top Left - Big J's lunch
Orange sections, dip (Thousand Island, we were out of ranch)
Brownie
Ham and Cheese Sandwich
Carrot sticks

Top Right - Miss M's lunch
Strawberries, blueberries, orange sections
Brownie
Ham, cheese, and veggie roll-ups, (dip, Thousand Island, her favorite)
Carrot sticks

Bottom Left - Mom's lunch
Strawberries and blueberries
Boursin and water crackers
Brownie
Cucumber, hummus

Bottom Right - Mister J's lunch
Carrot sticks, hummus
Ham and cheese sandwich
Brownie
Fruit

4 comments:

Jane Anne said...

Sounds like a wonderful 4th!

Where did you get the lunch boxes? Thanks for sharing the pictures and details. I was already in a rut with my older son's lunch this last year. Now, I will have 2 in school. I appreciate the ideas.

RLR said...

We use Laptop Lunch Boxes - www.laptoplunches.com

Trisha said...

I just came back to look at these post again for inspiration as Hayes starts school tomorrow! You do such an amazing job!

RLR said...

Thanks, Trisha! It's great to know folks appreciate the pics as much as I love posting them!