Thursday, June 17, 2010

And one more thing...

After all of the allergy news in our house lately, I thought this bit of news deserved its own post on its own day.

Mister J swam all by himself yesterday!  No pool noodle, not during a lesson, and all on his own.  I'd played in the water with the kids for a while, pretending to 'sit' underwater and let my body float up to the top (like my Dad did for me when I was a kid, and it was one of the turning points when I became more comfortable in the water).  Then he played with another boy for a while - whose Dad was pretending to be a shark and the boys just loved it.

After a snack break, the kids when back into the water while I sat on the side.  A little while later, Mister J called out to me, "Hey, Mom, watch me!"  And I watched him swim!

He was so excited to get home and tell Big J - and I was excited for him.  It was hard to hold my tongue and not spill the beans myself!

Awesome job, Mister J!

(Hopefully I'll get a photo to put up here one day - but I typically don't take my camera to the pool.)

1 comment:

Heather said...

Yay J. So proud of you.