Wednesday, June 9, 2010

This is what hope feels like

There are a lot of ideas for posts floating around in my head lately - however none on my heart as much as this one right now.

This afternoon I sent a tweet asking folks to pray that Miss M's appointment with the allergist would go well.  Today was the day we would retest for her food allergies, and I was praying that the actual testing would go smoothly (with as few tears and as little discomfort as possible).  I was hopeful we would learn that Miss M had outgrown her egg allergy, but didn't even dare to imagine she would test negative to peanut. 

I am now in the enviable position of HOPE.  All of the skin pricks showed no reaction.  Not to eggs, not to peanuts.  I was speechless, teary-eyed with joy, and trying to stay calm so I wouldn't start sobbing.

We are waiting for the results of blood testing to (hopefully!) confirm the results from earlier this afternoon.  While we wait for the longest two days of our lives, won't you please say one more prayer for us?

2 comments:

Jane Anne said...

Oh my gosh, I got chills reading this. By the way, I did get your tweet and I said a prayer for you when I did. Oh, I will be so very happy for you if she is in the clear.

RLR said...

Thank you SO MUCH!