Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Our Miracle

Miss M passed her food challenge today!  She's now allowed to eat all of the peanuts and eggs she wants!  And let me tell you, she wants everything she eats to have nuts in it right now.

Since she has outgrown the peanut allergy, that means she can eat tree nuts again, too.  They were previously off-limits due to the chance of developing an allergy with exposure.

I've been living Ephesians 3:20-21 today (emphasis mine):
  
20Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, 21to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.

Today, along with the past few days of testing and waiting, has been a miracle.  I only prayed for Miss M's egg allergy to be resolved.  I never even prayed for the peanut allergy to be gone - I just never imagined we would be in that small percentage.  (I say "we" because food allergies affect the entire family.)  I'm still trying to get past the surreal feeling, all the while rejoicing in it and hoping that I never forget the lessons I've learned.

No comments: