Thursday, June 10, 2010

Update on Hope

When I posted this yesterday, I felt sure that it would be two days until we had the results of Miss M's blood test.  I considered that we might even have to wait through the weekend.

Imagine my surprise today when our allergist, Dr. M, with whom we also attend church, called this afternoon.  Her first words were, "Rejoice!  Rejoice!"  The blood test results were back today - and they were also negative!

We won't start feeding her peanut butter right away.  Miss M will have an in-office food challenge next week.  Over the course of an hour she'll be given peanut butter while she's monitored for any reaction. From there?  Well, I'm not sure.  I can't even think about that yet. 

After avoiding it for nearly three years, the idea of feeding my daughter peanut butter is really very ... weird.  Surreal.  I can't even begin to imagine life on the other side of a successful food challenge.  Of course, I'll keep you posted.

In other wonderful news, my dad's 18-month post-treatment CT scan was clear!   We are celebrating blessing upon blessing this week!

2 comments:

Jane Anne said...

When I think about this, my eyes fill with tears. I'm rejoicing with you!

Heather said...

YAY! I have goosebumps. So glad everything worked out well.