Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Happy Birthday!

Our sweet, sassy, tomboy, girly-girl Miss M recently celebrated birthday number FOUR!  Every year, I think, "Has is really been that many years - already?!?"  As I've seen written elsewhere, the days are sometimes long, but the years are short.  Very short.

We invited several families to join us at the pool to celebrate, and midway through the party my dear little girl said to me, "Mom, this is the best birthday ever!"  This was especially noteworthy since it was a very low-key celebration, but I can't argue with that.  We had a great time with our friends and family!  Mister J showed off his swimming skills to the grandparents, and Grandma R even taught him to float on his back!  Wow!

I know what you really want to see - the photos!  So I won't keep you in suspense any longer!

Tried a little something different this year - cake balls!  Much easier to transport - and keep cold on a hot day!  I used chocolate cake, cream cheese frosting, and white coating according to this recipe.  Yum!

I think she liked them!  I liked how they turned out, too, even though I'm not a fan of white chocolate.  Mom and I made about 90 (we made them smaller than the instructions called for), and we only brought a dozen or so home.  PS - if you are going to put candles in them, do it while the coating is still soft.  If we hadn't, the coating would have cracked.

After we got home from the pool party, we opened gifts.  Miss M got several nice gifts, including this Jessie the Yodeling Cowgirl doll.  She's been asking for this particular toy since before Christmas, and we even had a "Jessie" theme for the party. 

After dinner, we had an actual cake - a yummy strawberry cake!  I had a great time baking for the party, especially since I haven't done a lot of baking lately. 

We had a great time celebrating Miss M!  It was truly a wonderful day! 

(I have more photos from Grandma RL's camera, but they are on my desktop computer.  Will try to update and add more photos later!)

This turned into a Very Busy Weekend, but I didn't post all about it here.  If you want to see what else we did, check out these fun posts:
Makeover
Wheels

1 comment:

Jane Anne said...

Happy Birthday to your little Princess! She's so cute. Cake Balls, huh? Those look fun. I will have to check out that recipe.