You can barely see it all, but I wrote a list because I can tell that you want to know just exactly what they brought me.
- 2 huge heads of green leaf lettuce
- 1 box of organic baby spinach (prewashed!)
- 4 pounds of potatoes
- 4 bell peppers - 2 each red and yellow
- 1 pineapple
- 2 big cucumbers
- 3 gorgeous zucchini (yes, that's the technical term)
- 2 pints of grape tomatoes
- 5 navel oranges
- 5 D'Anjou pears
- 1 pound of broccoli
- 1.75 pounds of red seedless grapes
- a 7 pound cantaloupe
Did you know that half of a seven-pound melon
Oh, and for those of you who want details about the Produce Fairies... we didn't get the box from actual fairies. We joined a co-op, and I get to go pick up a lovely box like this every Saturday morning at 8am (until the week it's my turn to do the shopping at 6am...). The fruits and vegetables were more beautiful than what you see in the grocery store, and the price was unbeatable. I can't wait to see what comes each week, and excited about the new recipes I'll be trying with all of these fresh fruits and veggies!