Friday, May 15, 2009

Upon Request

I've been asked to keep posting snaps of my kids' lunches, so I took pictures when I packed their Laptop Lunch Boxes again last week.

On Wednesdays, Mister J goes to Lunch Bunch after preschool. That means an extra hour before Miss M and I go pick him up. What do we do in that extra hour? Most often, we have our own little picnic. I pack a lunch for Miss M, she eats what she wants, I snack on the leftovers, and then I have my own lunch after we get home (while the kids have quiet time). Here's what I packed last week:

A small salad (lettuce, bacon bits, cheese) tossed and dressed before packing - I used a non-vinegar dressing so the lettuce wouldn't wilt
Strawberries and blueberries
Pita chips (made the day before, seasoned with garlic salt, pepper and basil)
Hummus for dipping
Cranberries and chocolate chips for a sweet treat (they always dig out the chocolate chips first!)
Water

If I'd planned better, I would have put the salad in the lidded container - I'm still on a learning curve with the LLBs! Since I didn't, I used a small piece of waxed paper to keep the salad from spilling, and it did the job quite well.

I packed their lunches again on Thursday - sorry, no pictures. They had pita chips and hummus, fruit, cucumber slices, and Craisins. We were travling to visit Grandma RL and Aunt L, so the kids ate in the mommy-van (Their unanimous choice - I offered a picnic before we loaded up, but they were ready to go!). We'd never used the LLBs on the road before, and I was very impressed with how well they worked for the kids.

I'm ready to order a couple more LLBs - so I can have my very own lunch when we picnic, and so we can invite Big J along, too! I hear that there's a discount code available right now, and there are also some specials running. If you want to check them out, the code is dinner.

No comments: